perjantai 28. syyskuuta 2012

And there forever remains the change from G to E-Minor / Song of Myself - Nightwish

Tähän asti viimeisimmän Nightwishin levyn ulosanti on minusta lähes parhainta Nightwishiä. Toisaalta, en pidä niin paljon esimerkiksi siitä satuteemasta, johon Storytime perustuu. Näissä lyriikoissa on kuitenkin niitä juttuja, joihin oikeasti voi samastua - ja joiden tarkoitusta pohtia. Vaikkei Nightwish yhtyeenä sattuisi kolahtamaankaan, epäilen, että jokainen löytää näistä biiseistä lauseita, jotka voisi melkein ihoon asti tatuoida, haha.


"Päällä talvisen maan hetki kuin ikuisuus
Mi pienen kissan jaloin luokseni hiipii
Tääl tarinain lähteellä asua saan mis
Viulu valtavan kaihon
Ikisäveltään maalaa
Laulullaan herättää maan"
Taikatalvi


"A painter on the shore
Imagined all the world
Within a snowflake on his palm
Unframed by poetry"
Storytime


"Do I love you or the thought of you?"
Slow Love Slow


"Where is the wonder where's the awe
Where are the sleepless nights I used to live for
Before the years take me
I wish to see the lost in me"
I Want My Tears Back



"Good journey, love, time to go
I checked your teeth and warmed your toes
In the horizon I see them coming for you"
Turn Loose the Mermaids


"Every little memory resting calm in me
Resting in a dream, smiling back at me
The faces of the past keep calling me to come back home
To caress the river with awe"
Rest Calm


"Don’t give me love, I’ve had my share
Beauty nor rest, give me truth instead"
The Crow the Owl the Dove


"We live in every moment but this one
Why don't we recognise the faces loving us so"
Last Ride of the Day


"Once upon a night we'll wake to the carnival of life
the beauty of this ride ahead such an incredible high"
Last Ride of the Day


"The thought of my family's graves was the only moment
I used to experience true love
That love remains infinite,
as I'll never be the man my father is

How can you "just be yourself"
when you don't know who you are?
Stop saying "I know how you feel"
How could anyone know how another feels?"
Song of Myself


"Is there a village inside this snowflake?"
- a child asked me
"What's the colour of our lullaby?"
Song of Myself


"And there forever remains the change from G to E-Minor"
Song of Myself

Tämä alin onvaan loistava. Hieno.
Jotain musiikista on tiedettävä, jotta tämän ymmärtää, mutta yksi parhaista oivalluksista.
Ei se ole sama.

1 kommentti:

  1. Tuo Slow Love Slow ♥ ja toki tuo Song of Myself kokonaisuudessaan.

    VastaaPoista

Riitasointuja? Epävirettä? Ei virheettömyys ole täydellistä. // A.Hyyrynen